Jul 21, 2012 0
Touch commerce or Tablet commerce has certainly made a strong impact in the E-commerce market and it is certainly here to stay.
Here are some interesting global facts on tablets’ impact on e-commerce.
1. Massive rise in the number of tablet sales:
3. People with tablets have higher average order values than those without tablets.
What retailers must know and do:
1. A mobile site is not enough. Its time to build an app for the tablet users.
2. Have a strategy for tablets that ties in to their overall branding.
3. Show off the cataloguing in a richer experience. Focus on products. Use larger fonts. Use better images. Remember users do love to zoom on their tablets.
4. They’re getting cheaper by the month, and the number of tablets in India will double every year (reaching 23.38 million by 2017).
5. The tablet user is part of an entire new generation of power spenders. Treat them well. Typically, those who own a tablet are early adopters and tend to spend more online and are more open in general to try out new things or aspire for the coolness quotient. In other words they’re ideal for e-commerce. Online retailers couldn’t dream for a better mix.